Home Detox Service
Detox is a cleansing step that helps you get rid of your dependency on alcohol. The symptoms of alcohol dependence will start to sink in around an hour after your last drink.
During detox, the alcohol is completely flushed from your system, meaning that it will likely trigger withdrawal symptoms that can last a long time if they aren’t dealt with completely.
An alcohol detox is where a dependency to alcohol is developed and requires a managed detoxification to get you off alcohol comfortably and safely. This will be done at your own home or another safe environment. Medically assisted reductions are rarely complicated and, can be commenced quickly and safely. Detoxification allows the body to be cleared of alcohol and substances by using a substitute medication.
When trying to stop drinking you may experience some of the following withdrawal symptoms:
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Agitation, irritability and restlessness
- Anxiety, irrational fear and/or panic
- Shaky hands, arms, legs and feet
- Hot and cold sweats
It is really important that you seek medical advice prior to stopping as there can be a risk of a seizure.
Problems during medicated alcohol detoxification are extremely rare and highly unlikely to occur. This is because such an in-depth assessment process will take place prior to you commencing one.
Medication likely to be used: Diazepam (Valium), Chlordiazepoxide (Librium), Lorazepam, Oxazepam are most commonly used to aid in the detoxification process.
Managing side effects
To aid with detox side effects the following drugs can be prescribed.
- Zopiclone to support with sleep patterns
- Vitamin B strong compound
- Thiamine to support the loss of vital nutrients to the body
- Carbamazepine to support DT’s or the shakes
- Metoclopramide to help with sickness and stomach cramps
We offer a structured medical detox which includes the following:
- Blood pressure and Breathalyser del
- Assessment with a Consultant Psychiatrist via Skype or Facetime
- Medication delivered directly to your door
- Daily support throughout
- Access to our private Support Group Online
To find out if a home detox is a suitable option for you, please complete our assessment form on the link below:
Key things to note are that you can only consider undertaking if you:
1. Consume less than 30 units of alcohol a day
2. Have never experienced a seizure
3. Can have someone living with you throughout your detox